Monday 15 November 2010

Busy South American Munky!

Well what a busy few days since my last post, have been zapping around all over South America and still have lots more to see and do here! To bring things up to date, I left Iguassu and took a night bus down through Argentina to Buenos Aires. The less said about the bus trip the better but was worth it as I loved BA, what a great city! My favourite bit was the area around the Camanito in La Boca, busy, bustly and colourful. I had dinner there, a whole barbecue selection at my table - pics below. Wish I could have stayed longer as two days was not enough, but I can always go back!



After Buenos Aires I flew to La Paz in Bolivia - this is the highest de facto capital city in the world and it is 3660ft above sea level - at the airport however it is 4060ft so I was a very queasy munky when i got off of the plane! The first hotel was a bit like the one in the Shining which was a bit spooky and I was glad to get to the 2nd hotel the following day to meet the group! Before that I had a wander around La Paz, it is a crazy city set in a valley so there are lots of hills in the town which arent so fun at that altitude! I went to the witches market where I learnt that Llama foetuses are often given in sacrifice to "Mother Earth" and I saw some hanging up outside a shop (pic below) which scared me so I scuttled back to the hotel before they decided to sacrifice me!



The next day I flew to Sucre (pictured at airport) and this city is smaller and much prettier than La Paz. I went out with the group last night and had a few beers which was good fun, there is a Paddington Bear in the group too so I have made friends with him (he is from Peru apparently)



Then today I went to see some dinosaur footprints, they were very good but it was quite a tricky climb to get there - see pics.



Off to do some quad biking tomorrow, the fun literally just does not stop for Milo the Munky!

No comments:

Post a Comment